PSYC 101 Final Exam Question 1
Click Link Below To Buy:
1. Which of these is true of brain development?
Dendrite branching accelerates during infancy
Myelination takes place during infancy
There is an increase in synaptic connections during childhood
All of the above are true
1. A(n) _____ is any agent that causes a birth defect.
1. According to Piaget, assimilation occurs when individuals _____.
adjust their schemas to new information
incorporate new information into existing schemas
are deprived of parental warmth and sensitivity
are insecurely attached to their caregivers
1. Which of the following is the correct sequence of the stages of prenatal development?
Conception, zygote, embryonic period, fetal period
Conception, embryonic period, zygote, fetal period
Conception, fetal period, embryonic period, zygote
Conception, fetal period, zygote, embryonic period
1. Which theory of aging has focused on the role of chronic stress in reducing immune system functioning?
Erikson's theory of socioemotional development
Hormonal stress theory
1. Which researcher tracked individuals who had experienced bereavement, and looked at their patterns of grief?
1. Four-month-old baby Oscar is a participant in a preferential looking experiment. Researchers show Oscar two photos, one of which is of his mother's face, and the other which is of a female stranger's face. The photos are presented repeatedly in differing locations, and the amount of time Oscar spends looking at the photos is recorded. What will researchers conclude if...