PSYCH 500 Week 2 Individual Field Research
To purchase this material click on below link
For more details
Consider the following:
Many products, diets, and services are marketed to parents as beneficial to infant or toddler development. In order to increase sales to parents and caretakers, some companies use marketing strategies that make exaggerated, unfounded, or unrealistic claims about the effects of their product(s) on child development. Select one claim that you suspect to be exaggerated or false (your research may in fact show the claim has validity). Describe in detail what the advertised product, diet, or service is supposed to do. Some examples are:
• Educational videos as related to language development
• Effects of classical music on cognitive development
• Benefits of soy diet or organic food diet on physical and cognitive development
• Service promising to teach your 18-month-old how to read
• Any other claim made by a manufacturer or service provider, aimed at enhancing infant or toddler development
Write a 1,400- to 1,650-word paper addressing the following:
• What area or areas of development does the product, diet, or service claim to enhance?
• Use the library to investigate the claim. What does the published literature say about the issue or concern that you are investigating? What does the research reveal about how to promote healthy development in this area or areas? What does this reveal about the necessity and actual benefits of the product, diet, or service?
• Is there any evidence to support the claim? Why or why not?
• Imagine that a licensed psychologist in your state publically endorsed a product with no empirical evidence supporting its claims. It was later discovered that the psychologist was receiving a percentage of money from the sale of the product to parents. Is this a violation of the APA code of...