I went with a person I work with who practices the religion Buddhism. The place of worship is in Paris, Kentucky; I ask him these ten questions about his religion and these are his answers:
1. What are the important holidays and traditions of this religion? The most important holiday is the Vesak Day which falls on the first full moon day of May. This day was the day the Buddha was born, gained enlightenment, and passed away.
2. How has religion shaped your life? Religion is a big part of who I am today.
3. What are the challenges, if any, to practicing this particular religion? I have been doing this my whole life and there are no challenges to me.
4. How often do you worship? We do not worship any God; we study the teachings of Buddha on a daily basis.
5. What types of meditation do you practices? The mindfulness of breathing and the development of loving kindness.
6. Were you born into this religion or converted? I was born into the religion; it has been in my family for generations.
7. Have you ever thought of converting to a different religion? No.
8. Can Buddhism and Christianity be worshipped together? I think some things can be implemented from both religions because we have some of the same beliefs but for the most part no.
9. Does your wife and children study Buddhism? Yes, my wife and 3 children study Buddhism.
10. What is the main concept of Buddhism? Treat people as you want to be treated.