Factors affecting the speed of dynamic trolley
The speed of a trolley is affected by the wooden ramp (friction/resistance) and gravity (weight). The speed of a trolley also depend on the weight (gravity force greater) and the type and angle of the ramp (which affects the drag)
To find out how height affect the speed of the wooden trolley
I think that the higher the ramps is placed the quicker the wooden trolley would move. This is because gravity drags object towards its strongest point. So as the ramps goes more straighter, it forces the object on the ramp to be more in line with gravity; as gravity pulls on the object it overcomes friction, causing the wooden trolley to move more quickly.
Independent: Height of ramp
Dependent: The speed the wooden trolley reach the ground, calculated by the average time using the equation of (speed=distance÷time)
Control: -Same ramp: wood on different ramps may bit slight different, like not as well waxed as the other on; or slight difference in length.
-Same wooden trolley: Some trolley may be slightly heavier than the other or the smoothness of the wheel may be different.
1. Prepare all materials needed
2. Put the wooden ramps against a stool like in the diagram or have someone to hold it
3. Use the meter stick to measure the highest point of the ramp from the ground
4. Hold the dynamic trolley at the highest point of the ramp
5. record the height of ramp in cm in table format
6. Have the timer at ready
7. Let go of the dynamic trolley
8. Time how long does it take for the dynamic trolley to hit the floor
9. Record the time in seconds in table format
10. Repeat the process above for different heights (Recommend height between 20 to 100 cm, increase 5 or 10cm for each try) (use same equipment)
11. Do at least two trials for each height
12. Calculate the average time for each...