Location: Andaman and Nicobar islands are located in the Indian Ocean.
Lakshadweep Island is situated approximately 220 to 440 kms away from coastal city of kochi, in kerala.
Andaman and Nicobar islands has a population of 356,154 people.
The population of Lakshadweep Island is 51707 people
In Andaman and Nicobar islands many languages are spoken like Nicobarese, Bengali, English, Hindi, Tamil, and Malayalam etc.
parts of Lakshadweep Island Malayalam is spoken.
Andaman and Nicobar consist of 570 islands.
In most consists of 11 islands.
Andaman and Nicobar have almost 12 forests.
Lakshadweep consists of almost 660150 trees.
Approximately 48,675 hectares of land in Andaman and Nicobar is used for agriculture.
In Lakshadweep Island most of the area is cultivated with coconut.
Andaman and Nicobar have almost 1,374 registered small scale industries.
Lakshadweep Island has no industries; however work is being done on the deployment of cottage industries.
Differences between Eastern and Western Coastal Plains
1. The Eastern Coastal plain lies along the east coast of India and is washed by the Bay of Bengal.
But the Western Coastal Plain lies along the west coast of India and is washed by The Arabian Sea.
2. The East Coast plain runs smoothly from the north to the south with a broad plain and level surface.
But the West Coast plain also runs from the north to the south and it is in some places intersected by the mountain ridges.
3. Eastern Coastal Plain is broader than the West Coast plain. The width varies from 80 to 100 km.
But the Eastern Coastal Plain is narrow with a width of 50 to 65 km. In some places it is so narrow that the Western Ghats touch the Sea water.
4. The large rivers make wide deltas on the Eastern Coastal Plains.
But the short swift rivers do not make any deltas on the West Coast.
5. The Eastern Coast is sandy with alluvium and slopes gently...