What are the advantages and disadvantages for Newspapers –TV-Radio –Direct mail –Yellow pages-Magazines-Out of home-Interactive
Media Advantages Disadvantages
1. Newspapers • Newspapers are Flexible –Timely
• Ads can be inserted or canceled on very short notice
• Can vary in size from small classified to multiple pages
• Pages can be added or dropped , so the space in newspapers is not limited in the way time is constrained on TV& radio
• Exposure to your ad is not limited; readers can go back to your message again and again if so desired.
• Allows you to reach a huge number of people in a given geographic area as Newspapers can be used to reach an entire city or where regional editions are offered , selected areas
• Quick turn-around helps your ad reflect the changing market conditions. The ad you decide to run today can be in your customers' hands in one to two days
• Cost per thousand is relatively low • The life of the newspapers is very short , they are discarded soon after being read
• A metropolitan newspapers provides coverage of about one- half the households in the local market , however in large cities , circulation of the daily newspapers is decreasing
• Growth of the internet has created a new source of competition for newspapers .Especially hard hit is classified advertising which accounts about 40% of newspaper ad revenue as increased number of readers now skip the print version of the newspaper) and instead read the online version of the publication
• It is difficult to design ads that stand out because newspapers don’t offer much format variety
• Poor photo reproduction limits creativity
• You may be paying to send your message to a lot of people who will probably never be in the market to buy from you.
• Newspapers are a visible medium, so your competitors can quickly react to your prices
2. TV • TV has the potential to reach large audience as average viewer watch more than 18 hours per week as...