What are the characteristics of effective teams?
Commitment and competence to a goal is very important in an effective team. All team members should be competent and should have organizational clout, technical knowhow, talent, experience and knowledge are needed to what needs to be done, done. Also effective teams consist of people that bring everything critical and convey every discriminating competencies to the effort. Everyone should be on the same accord have a common and clear goal that is aligned with the team’s goals. Being committed to a common goal is also another ingredient to having an effective team. Having a small team makes it easier to achieve the common goal and the company can also benefit by having the team members make long term commitments by rewarding them with ongoing performance appraisal. • What are the characteristics of effective teams?
• How do roles, needs, and diversity affect teamwork? Provide specific examples.
• What are components of group diversity?
• This case study illustrates the concept of essentials for an effective team and what all are the key ingredients needed to make the team effective and efficient. The key topics covered in this case study are uniformity and consistent goal of team and organization, supportive business environment, team based performance and contribution of each member to the group i.e creating a synergy effect. These key topics are essential for the success of the team.
• For a successful team based performance competence and commitment to a goal are very important. In order to be successful the team members should be competent i.e should have talent, knowledge, organizational clout, experience and technical know how needed to get the job done. Thus effective team is composed of people who collectively bring all critical competencies to the effort.
• Team members should have clear and common goal i.e team members goal should be aligned with the organizational goal....