SEKOLAH MENENGAH KEBANGSAAN TONG HUA
PETI SURAT 52, 96507 MERADONG, BINTANGOR SARAWAK
FIRST MID-TERM EXAMINATION 2009 55/1
SCIENCE: FORM 1
DO NOT OPEN THIS QUESTION PAPER UNTIL BEEN INFORMED
1. Fill in the name and the IC number in the given column.
2. This question paper consists of 40 questions.
3. Answer all the questions in the OMR paper.
4. Hand in this question paper to the invigilator at the end of the examination.
THIS QUESTION PAPER CONTAINS 4 PAGES INCLUDED COVER
55/1 SEE NEXT PAGE
Answer all the questions:
1. Which of the following statements is true about technology?
A. The study of living things
B. The study of living things and non-living things
C. The application of scientific knowledge for the benefits of mankind
D. The study of man and the surrounding environment
2. A student wants to measure 500 ml of dilute hydrochloric acid in an experiment. Which apparatus should be used?
A B C D
3. Bottle reagent X is labelled with the hazard symbol below.
Which of the following is the safety precaution that should be taken when handling reagent X?
A. To wear goggles when transferring reagent X
B. To put reagent X further away from the flame source
C. To use spatula when transferring reagent X
D. To wear mask when transferring reagent X
4. The diagram below shows a Bunsen burner.
Which parts are labelled correctly?
I X: Barrel III Z: Air hole
II Y: Barrel
A I and II only C II and III only
B I and III only D I, II and III
5. Diagram below shows a non-luminous flame of a Bunsen burner.
Which of the following is true about the...