#1. Type the sentences that answer the following questions:
a. What sentence is the topic sentence of the paragraph?
A trip to the ocean can be a relaxing escape from the everyday pressures of life.
b. What sentence is unrelated to the topic and can be eliminated?
You should always be careful to avoid overexposure to the sun at the beach.
2. List four things to look for when you’re proofreading?
#1. Spelling, #2. Grammar, #3. Punctuation, #4. Capitalization
3. Complete the following two steps:
a. Define the term cliché.
1. Overused expression: a phrase or word that has lost its original effectiveness or power from overuse.
2. Overused idea: an overused activity or notion.
b. Write one sentence that contains a cliché.
He's so fat, he sat around the house.
#4.Name and explain two types of prewriting?
1. Free writing & 2.Resuching.
5. Choose one of the topics listed below and write a five-sentence paragraph using chronological order to arrange the details of the paragraph.
C. Let me explain how to make my favorite sandwich.
#6.Choose one of the following topics. Write an eight-sentence paragraph that fully develops the topic.
Writing a paper takes patience and time. The first thing to do when planning a paper is to use a form of prewriting, the forms of prewriting are brainstorming, webbing, free writing, and clustering. Before you start your first draft you need to use a method of planning; when planning, all you do is use whatever method you’re most comfortable with to organize your ideas, and I prefer a web. You’re now writing your first draft, take all of your organized ideas, and start your writing. When you complete your first draft, you need to check your work, this is called proofreading. When proofreading you check for punctuation, spelling errors, and sentence...