SCI 228 Week 4 Midterm
Question : (TCO 1) Which of the following nutrients is the most energy dense?
2. Question : (TCO 1) Which of the following are examples of carbohydrate-rich foods?
3. Question : (TCO 1) What element makes protein different from carbohydrate and fat?
4. Question : (TCO 1) Which of the following BESTdescribes minerals?
5. Question : (TCO 1) Which of the following is an example of an organic micronutrient?
6. Question : (TCO 1) Which of the following is NOTa primary function of dietary protein?
7. Question : (TCO 2) Overconsumption of ________ has the greatest potential for toxicity.
8. Question : (TCO 2) What percentage of deaths in the United States can be attributed to unhealthy lifestyle behaviors such as smoking, alcohol misuse, physical inactivity, and unbalanced diet?
9. Question : (TCO 2) Jack is a college athlete who requires 2,800 kilocalories a day to support his total energy needs. Even thought Jack likes many different foods and makes it a point to try new things, he only consumes approximately 1,600 kilocalories a day. Which one of the characteristics of a healthy diet is Jack missing?
10. Question : (TCO 2) What is at the base of the Healthy Eating Pyramid?
11. Question : (TCO 2) Which group of nutrients would be found in the foods at the base of the Food Guide Pyramid?
12. Question : (TCO 2) On average, Americans eat ________ commercially prepared meals each week.
13. Question : (TCO 3) Immediately after absorption, what circulatory system carries most of the fat-soluble nutrients?
15. Question : (TCO 3) Which of the following is NOT an accessory organ of digestion?
16. Question : (TCO 3) In which of the following food sources would a consumer look for the statement "Live Active Cultures," indicating that the product is a rich source of probiotics?...