ORGANIZATION: Science Applications International Corporation
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) was founded by J. Robert Beyster, PhD., and a small group of scientists in 1969. A leading systems, solutions and technical services company, SAIC offers a broad range of expertise in defense transformation efforts, intelligence, homeland security, logistics and product support, health and life sciences, space and earth sciences and global commercial services. SAIC currently has over 43,000 employees worldwide. SAIC was an employee owned company until October 13, 2006 when the company went public. Within SAIC there are seven groups and each group is made up of several business units (BU). My business unit is part of the Intelligence and Security Group and is called Operational Intelligence Solutions Business Unit (OISBU). There are over 2,400 employees in OISBU and in December 2006 we are acquiring Applied Marine Technologies Inc. which currently has over 500 employees.
SAIC is a company of people dedicated to delivering best-value services and solutions based on innovative applications of science and technology.
• We commit to exceeding our customers' expectations for quality, responsiveness, and professional excellence while delivering within the agreed price and schedule.
• We maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior and professional integrity.
• We employ people of exceptional creativity, expertise, and determination who work closely with one another and with our customers.
• We pursue technical growth and market diversification to increase value for our customers and opportunity for our employees.
• We motivate and reward outstanding performance through our stock ownership system.
• We foster a working environment that encourages technical objectivity, professional and financial growth, and entrepreneurial freedom.
In the world of “government...