SCIENTIFIC METHOD SUMMATIVE
Multiple Choice. Write the CAPITAL letter of your answer before the number.
1. Which of the following is an example of an observation?
a. It rained last night because the ground is wet.
b. There is an increase in the population of animals since their number are growing.
c. When substance A and B are mixed, a white coloured substance settled at the bottom.
d. Based on the experiment, the height of the plant is affected by the type of water sprinkled to them.
2. Which of the following best describes The Scientific Method?
a. Methodical approach
b. Investigative process
c. Five senses
d. Logical answers
3. Which of the following is an inference?
a. The clouds are dark and they look heavy, it might rain in a few hours.
b. If toxins are added to soil, then the growth of the plants will increase rapidly.
c. All living things rely on the resources in the environment and other living things.
d. The growth of the plant is inversely proportional to the amount of water given to the plants.
4. Which of the following BEST describes an observation?
b. Five senses
d. Logical Explanation
5. What are the qualities of a good scientific question?
a. Testable and observable
b. Measurable and tolerable
c. Testable and measurable
d. Possible and probable
6. What is measured in an experiment or an investigation?
a. Raw data
7. Which of the following BEST describes a hypothesis?
b. Informed prediction
d. Correct answer
8. Which of the following is done before you can formulate a hypothesis?
b. Gathering data
c. Interpreting data
9. Which of the following is composed of rows, columns, and grids wherein results are encoded?
a. Bar graph
10. Which part of the scientific method is used in testing the hypothesis?