Foundation Degree in Security and Risk Management
i) Three texts being useful when studying the Foundation Degree in Security and Risk Management are :-
a) George, B. and Button, M. (2000) Private Security, Leicester: Perpetuity Press.
b) Gill, M.(ed) (2006) The Handbook of Security, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
c) Meyer, E. Ashleigh, M. George, J.M. and Jones, G.R (2007) Contemporary
Management (Euro edition), Maidenhead: McGraw-Hill Education.
ii) Two articles used in completing assignment three.
a) Jones, T. Newburn, T. and Harraway, P. (1998) 'The growth of private
security', Criminal Justice Matters, 32:1, pp 23,24.
b) Gimenez-salinas, A. (2004) 'New approaches regarding private/public
security', Policing and Society, 14:2, p 158.
iii) Two websites that may be useful for this Foundation Degree.
Assignment 2 Essay Plan
• General statement on private security
• Give an overview about what would be covered in the essay.
Define private security
• What is security?
• What is private security?
• Difficulties in defining private security.
• Role and functions of public and private security.
Evolution of private security
• Types of security measures uses in ancient times compared to present.
Growth and Mirrored Services of Private Security
• History of private security.
• How public security was not sufficient in its services.
• Give reasons why, and link the need for the services of the private sector.
• Conclude and recap what was discussed in the essay.
Assignment 3 Essay
This essay will try to cover the concept of private security, in trying to understand the meaning of it and its main functions. We will see some of the difficulties faced in understanding...