Single or Married, which is better?
First of all, being single, what are the advantages ?
• You only have yourself to please. Generally, you can do what you want, you are not bound to take into consideration, the thoughts, likes and dislikes of others. This isn't meant to sound selfish, it simply indicates that there is, perhaps, more freedom and decision making is easier.
• Time, money, etc. are perhaps easier to budget as there are only needs to be met.
• There is, perhaps, a greater degree of sexual freedom. If, that is you are able to find a partner.
• It is easier to get time for yourself, if you need it.
What about the disadvantages ?
• Society, certainly western societies, are much more geared towards couples and families.
• Social events, parties etc, tend to be geared to couples. If invited to a party by married friends, you may well find that they've invited another 'single' person to try to pair you off. That's if you're invited at all.
• Tax, pay, benefits etc. favor married people.
• Time for domestic jobs is limited. If, say, two jobs need doing, a married couple might share the work by doing them together or splitting them between the two people. If you're on your own, you have to do both. Things seem to take at least twice as long and you get tired earlier.
• Money can be tight (tell me about it!). You may well have only one income coming in. A couple may have two sources of income. It costs just as much to heat a house for one person as it does a couple or a family of four.
• If there are things you're not particularly good at, you don't have a partner who might make up for it.
• Finding a partner, dating, etc., can become expensive. Lonely, frustrated nights can be ....well, frustrating !
Stigma. You are thought of as being odd, inadequate, strange, perverted..... just for living on your own.
So what about being married?
The Cost Of Being Married Versus...