SOCS 350 Week 8 Final Exam
· What is diversity? What does it mean to you? To society?
· What is the relationship between compliance with legislative acts and valuing diversity? Explain.
· What can White men, who are most likely to be managers and executives in organizations, do to foster diversity in organizations? Why would they want to do so?
· Discuss the diversity among Cubans, Puerto Ricans, and Mexicans in the United States. How does this diversity affect their organizational experiences?
· What is the relationship between poverty and discrimination? According to the text, what are the characteristics of people living in poverty?
(TCOs 1 & 2) Name and briefly describe the three categories of ethical theories introduced in the book. Briefly describe how the caring ethical theory can be used to understand and impact diversity at work and school.
SOCS 350 Week 6 Quiz
(TCOs 6 & 7) Why is the following statement false? You can easily figure out how to communicate with your coworkers as long as you know their ethnicity.
(TCOs 6 & 7) Millennial workers (1980–2000) tend to be motivated by
(TCOs 6 & 7) The term white privilege means that
(TCOs 4 & 7) Something that can generate ethnocentric responses or defensive reactions, such as voice, appearance, attitude, or behavior, is called _________.
(TCOs 4 & 7) Time and manners are examples of this type of trigger:
(TCO 8) The social position in life that comes as a result of behavior or things that happen over which one has no control (race, gender, and so on) is called _____.
(TCOs 4, 5, & 7) What organizational strategies can be put in place to demonstrate that diversity is valued and to promote a culture of nondiscrimination? Discuss two specific ways in which organizations can accomplish these goals.
(TCO 8) From the reading in Chapter 14, briefly describe general racial...