Subject: How Facebook can be harmful to us.
General Purpose: To persuade
Specific purpose: By the end of this speech the audience will agree that Social networking such as Facebook is needed to reduce its usage.
Proposition: Facebook usage should be reduced by means of our health.
How long do you guys spend time surfing around Facebook? Probably a lot for those who actually have a Facebook account. Well, this Social networking website is intended to connect with friends, family, and business associates. So, these days we send messages more quick and convenient to people where a lot of people can receive the message. But have you ever thought this site could actually harm you in many ways? Therefore, this time I want to talk about what I think of how facebook gives us harm.
(It is known negatively that Facebook provides us no time for ourselves and also makes us obsessed with getting evaluated by friends. )
A. Firstly, Facebook does not allow us to have time for ourselves.
1. One of the famous mathematician and philosophy Blaise Pascal left a quote ““All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone”.
2. It seems those people of days still couldn’t have time for themselves even though they didn’t have internet or cellphones around.
3. Nowadays, people get more busy, get more work, and get to talk more
4. This is why we are more likely to lose our times to look back to ourselves
5. I have a great story I like, Indians stopped while riding their horses in the middle of their journeys, and it was because they ran so fast, they were anxious that their souls couldn’t catch up.
6. I believe facebook is taking away our time to go back and catch up our souls to take care of them.
7. So I think it is very essential to look into our inner thoughts and change our minds.
B. Secondly, we get obsessed with Facebook getting evaluated by friends.
1. One of my close friends...