To install PaperPort Pro 9 Office
Follow these steps:
1. Disable any anti-virus software programs and close all Windows programs that are currently running on your computer. This is important to avoid conflicts that might occur.
2. Install PaperPort Pro 9 Office.
To install PaperPort from a CD — Insert the PaperPort CD in your CD-ROM drive, and in the PaperPort installation window, click Install PaperPort. Then, follow the instructions on each screen.
If the PaperPort installation window does not appear, double-click the Start32 program on the CD - or choose Run on the Start menu, type d:\start32.exe (where d is the drive letter of your CD-ROM drive), and then click OK.
To install PaperPort from the Web — After you have purchased PaperPort and downloaded the installation program to your computer, run the installation program. Then, follow the instructions on each screen.
3. (Optional) ScanSoft provides additional software products, such as Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ 4.0 and the ScanSoft Pagis File Converter, with your PaperPort program. To learn about these products and how to install them, click Other Software in the introduction window.
To uninstall PaperPort Pro 9 Office
PaperPort Pro 9 Office creates internal files for thumbnail images and SimpleSearch indices. You can remove these files if you uninstall PaperPort, or keep them if you prefer. It may be useful to keep them if you plan to reinstall your PaperPort product.
• To keep the internal files and uninstall PaperPort, open Control Panel, go to Add/Remove programs, select PaperPort 9, and click Remove. Then, follow the steps in the installation wizard.
• To remove the internal files and uninstall PaperPort, open Control Panel, go to Add/Remove programs, select PaperPort 9, and click Change. The installation wizard will prompt you to remove the files. Removing the files may take several minutes.
New in PaperPort Pro 9 Office
PaperPort Pro 9 Office adds a wide variety of new features to the...