Writer’s Assigned #: _
Assignment 3: Persuasive Paper Part 1: A Problem Exists
Peer reviews should provide feedback to a peer on the criteria expected in the paper. Follow these instructions:
Receive a classmate’s paper from your professor (in class if on-ground; by e-mail if online).
Copy the Peer Review Feedback Form from the Appendix.
Comment on all criteria, noting strengths and / or areas for improvement on the feedback form.
Provide completed Peer Review Feedback Form and classmate’s paper to your professor.
Note: On-ground students should submit the feedback form and paper to the professor during the class meeting in which the paper is reviewed; online students should submit the feedback form and paper to the professor via the Assignment Tab in the course shell.
Comments < Areas for Improvement
1. Provide an appropriate title and an interesting opening paragraph to appeal to your stated audience (appeal with logic, ethics, or emotion).
Research and writer stayed on topic.
The title should’ve been more strong
2. Include a defensible, relevant thesis statement in the first paragraph. (With revised thesis statement.)
relevant thesis statement in the first paragraph
Good thesis statement
3. Describe the history and status of the issue and provide an overview of the problem(s) that need to be addressed. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
writer stated the problem
Needs a little more details
4. Explain the first problem (economic, social, political, environmental, complexity, inequity, ethical/moral, etc.) and provide support for your claims. This should be one or two (1- 2) paragraphs.
The first paragraph was address and jump straight into the problem
the antecedent is not as clear
5. Explain the second problem (economic, social, political, environmental, complexity, inequity, ethical/moral, etc.) and provide support for...