STAT 200 Final Exam Fall OL2
Click Link Below To Buy:
1. True or False. Justify for full credit. (15 pts)
(a) If the variance of a data set is zero, then all the observations in this data set are zero.
(b) If P(A) = 0.4 , P(B) = 0.5, and A and B are disjoint, then P(A AND B) = 0.9.
(c) Assume X follows a continuous distribution which is symmetric about 0. If , then .
(d) A 95% confidence interval is wider than a 90% confidence interval of the same parameter.
(e) In a right-tailed test, the value of the test statistic is 1.5. If we know the test statistic follows a Student’s t-distribution with P(T < 1.5) = 0.96, then we fail to reject the null hypothesis at 0.05 level of significance .
2. Complete the frequency table with frequency and relative frequency. Express the relative frequency to two decimal places. (5 pts)
3. What percentage of the checkout times was at least 3 minutes? (3 pts)
4. In what class interval must the median lie? Explain your answer. (5 pts)
5. Does this distribution have positive skew or negative skew? Why? (2 pts)
6. If the card selection is with replacement, what is the probability that the first card is an ace and the second card is also an ace? (Express the answer in simplest fraction form) (5 pts
7. If the card selection is without replacement, what is the probability that the first card is an ace and the second card is also an ace? (Express the answer in simplest fraction form) (5 pts)
8. Which quiz has less interquartile range in grade distribution?
9. Which quiz has the greater percentage of students with grades 90 and over?
10. Which quiz has a greater percentage of students with grades less than 60?
11. What is the probability that a randomly selected student has neither device? (10 pts)
12. What is the probability that a randomly selected student has a laptop, given that he/she has a tablet? (5 pts)
13. Let event A be the selected...