STAT 200 FINAL EXAM - Complete Solution
IF You Want To Purchase A+ Work Then Click The Link Below , Instant Download
If You Face Any Problem E- Mail Us At JOHNMATE1122@Gmail.Com
1. True or False. Justify for full credit.
(a) The volume of milk in a jug of milk is 128 oz. The value 128 is from a discrete data set.
• (b) If the variance from a data set is zero, then all the observations in this data set must be zero.
• (c) P( A AND Ac ) 0, where Ac is the complement of A.
• (d) The mean and median for a normal distribution are always the same.
• (e) In a hypothesis testing, if the p-value is less than the significance level α, we do not
have sufficient evidence to reject the null hypothesis.
Refer to the following frequency distribution for Questions 2, 3, 4, and 5. Show all work. Just the answer, without supporting work, will receive no credit.
A random sample of 25 customers was chosen in UMUC MiniMart between 3:00 and 4:00 PM on a Friday afternoon. The frequency distribution below shows the distribution for checkout time (in minutes).
Checkout Time (in minutes)
1.0 - 1.9 6
2.0 - 2.9 8
3.0 - 3.9
4.0 - 5.9 5
2. Complete the frequency table with frequency and relative frequency.
3. What percentage of the checkout times was less than 3 minutes?
4. In what class interval must the median lie? Explain your answer.
5. Assume that the largest observation in this dataset is 5.8. Suppose this observation were
incorrectly recorded as 8.5 instead of 5.8. Will the mean increase, decrease, or remain the same? Will the median increase, decrease or remain the same? Why? (5 pts)
Refer to the following information for Questions 6, 7, and 8. Show all work. Just the answer, without supporting work, will receive no credit.
A 6-faced die is rolled two times. Let...