Topic: Foreign Students in Australia
General Purpose: To inform
Specific Purpose: To inform my audience, the life of foreign students in Australia, their benefits & their fears.
Thesis: Studying in a foreign country like Australia, besides the infinite benefits it provides, one should also consider the dangers associated with it.
A. Attention Getter: Mostly all of you present in this room would agree with me that being a student is tough. But, let me tell you, being an international student is even tougher. A foreign student has to leave behind the comfort of home environment, and at the same time has to adjust to the new environment without knowing how it would be?
B. Relate topic to the audience: Some of us might have a desire to study abroad in a country like Australia. So, before finalizing the destination, one should not only look at the advantages, but also consider the fears and danger that can be present.
C. Thesis Statement: Studying in a foreign country like Australia, besides the infinite benefits it provides, one should also consider the dangers associated with it.
D. Credibility Statement:
1. When I was in India, I heard the news about the attacks that were made on the foreign students in Australia.
2. I read many newspapers and magazines which covered the story of these kind of several attacks. That helped me a lot for my research.
E. Preview of main points:
1. Firstly, I would discuss about why students prefer Australia as their destination for higher studies.
2. Then, I would put some light on the kind of attacks that were done on the foreign students in Australia.
3. Finally, I would discuss on the effects of these attacks on the Australian economy.
F. Main Point 1: Let’s take a brief look at why people choose Australia as their destination for higher studies.
3. As we all know, Australia is one of the...