1. PPG Industries is a leader in Coating solution technology as it operates and has manufacturing facilities in more than 60 countries around the globe.
2. They are efficient manufacturers and operate on latest technologies.
3. They are into diverse businesses hence helps them grow better.
4. It has established good JV with national brands in many countries, like its JV with Asian Paints and hence has made a conscious effort to grow in emerging economies
5. Strong brand reputation and consistent financial performance
1.In decorative paints Industry Customer tastes and perceptions change very fast and products may become obsolete with change in trends, hence production planning and inventory problem
2. Presence of intense competition means stagnation of market share
1. Its ability to innovate and do R&D provides them an opportunity in developing eco-friendly products which are seen as products for the future with environmental regulation policies becoming stringent
2. Acquisitions and partnerships with firms in other developing nations can pave pathway for them to enter there.
3. More penetration in emerging economies to increase brand reach and availability
1. Volatility in raw material prices
2. Global economy is sluggish especially US is still vulnerable to another recession
3. Stringent Government rules and regulations regarding the quality of products and manufacturing facilities as Environmental policies are being given more emphasis.
PPG has adapted to change incredibly well in regards to the ever changing and strict governmental policies and regulations which dictates how the company deals with waste and the production of their products. The current trends for regulations on the environmental impact of companies such as PPG is that many private organizations are continuing to push for even more regulations than those that are...