I - Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.(0,2)
1. A. passed B. Watched C. played D. washed
2. A. proud B. about C. around D. would
3. A. market B. depart C. card D. scare
4. A. entrance B. paddy C. bamboo D. banyan
5. A. problem B. love C. box D. hobby
II – Choose the best answer from the four options given (marked A, B,C, or D) to complete each sentence. (0,2)
6. My house_________in 1986.
A. is built B. was building C. was built D. has been built
7. The doctor_________me not to stay up too late at night.
A. advised B. suggested C. insisted D. forced
8. Tomorrow we'll go to Noi Bai Airport to meet Maryam, _________comes from Malaysia.
A. who B. whom C. whose D. that
9. His house looks very large and beautiful. It is _________house.
A. a seven-room B. a seven-rooms C. seven room D. seven rooms
10. If you get up early, you_________late.
A. weren't B. wouldn't be C. aren't D. won't be
11. It's very hot today. I wish I_________on the beach now.
A. am B. was C. were D. had been
12. When he lived in the city, he_________to the theater twice a week.
A. uses to go B. has gone C. used to go D. was going
13. My father asked us_________too much time playing computer games.
A. not to spending B. did not spend C. not to spend D. to not spent
14. Hoai can not remember the name of the restaurant_________she ate her favorite roasted duck.
A. which B. whose C. whom D. where
15. If I were a flower, I_________a sunflower.
A. was B. were C. will be D. would be
16. Nobody went to the party, _________?
A. does he B. do they C. didn’t they D. did they
17. It is nearly 3 months_________he visited his parents.
A. while B. during C. since D. when
18. _________population is another unpleasant result we have to solve.
A. Increased B....