Digital has fundamentally changed the way brands behave, as well as the way they organize and optimize their marketing efforts. To be successful in connecting with people in the digital age, brands must adopt new habits and, in some cases, behave more like people themselves.
While the personalities of individual brands are varied and unique, there are commonalities among strong digital brands that can be identified as critical to success in the new marketing landscape. We looked at some of the most successful digital brands and identified seven shared traits across the board. They are:
1. Being a Skilled Conversationalist: Strong digital brands don’t just know how to talk – they know how to converse, building relationships through their messaging and content.
2. Being Authentic: Authentic brands are able to find a universal truth and create content that inspires those ideals among consumers.
3. Being Data-Driven: The challenge for brands is less about collecting data and more about how to leverage it to optimize current programs and inspire future efforts.
4. Being Discoverable: Successful brands today align their digital footprints with the consumer journey and meet people where they are online.
5. Being Relevant: Brands that achieve relevancy in today’s digital environment are those able to effectively navigate the ever-changing currents of conversation.
6. Being a Content Creator: Today’s landscape forces marketers to constantly re-think the creation, organization and distribution of content in order to better connect with consumers.
7. Being Constant: By being always-on, marketers can tap into how people live every day and respond to their audiences’ wants, needs and values in a way that is true to their brand’s story and their objectives as a marketer.