1 of 4
Week 3 : Managing Assets and Resources in the Digital Firm - Homework
Submit for Grading
1. A characteristic or quality describing an entity is called a(n) (Points : 1)
2. The confusion created by _____ makes it difficult for companies to create customer relationship
management, supply chain management, or enterprise systems that integrate data from different sources.
(Points : 1)
3. Duplicate data in multiple data files is called (Points : 1)
4. A DBMS (Points : 1)
the physical database available for different logical views.
the logical database available for different analytical views.
the physical database available for different analytical views.
the relational database available for different analytical views.
5. The logical view (Points : 1)
shows how data are organized and structured on the storage media.
presents an entry screen to the user.
allows the creation of supplementary reports.
presents data as they would be perceived by end users.
6. The type of logical database model that treats data as if they were stored in two-dimensional tables is the
(Points : 1)
2 of 4
7. A field identified in a table as holding the unique identifier of the table's records is called the (Points : 1)
8. The data dictionary serves as an important data management tool by (Points : 1)
assigning attributes to the data.
creating an inventory of data contained in the database.
presenting data as end users or business specialists would perceive them.
maintaining data in updated form.
9. An automated or manual file that...