Company Background of Coca – Cola Company
Coca-Cola Company is the world’s largest beverage company with products that include Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite and Fanta. Coke has a strong leadership team being lead by CEO E. Neville Isdell, employing about 71,000 people worldwide in over 200 countries. Coca-Cola produces about 400 brands consisting of beverage products, such as water, juice and juice drinks, sports drinks, energy drinks, teas and coffees. The firm is concerned that the trend toward healthier eating and drinking will hurt sales of their traditional sugar and sugar-substitute-based drinks.
The Coca-Cola company operating segments include:
• Africa having the largest private sector employer with almost 55,000 employees. With Africa, Coca-Cola Company acquires annual awards as the favorite drink in South Africa
• In East and South East Asia and Pacific Rim division, Coca-Cola Company experienced 5 percent unit case volume decrease in 2006.
• In European Union division, Coca-Cola Company became successful in implementing the “It’s Your Heimspiel-Make It Real!” campaign in the Federation Internationale de Football Association in the World Cup in Germany.
• The Latin America brought to Coca-Cola Company the top three markets the United States, Mexico and Brazil. Coca-Cola Company’s focus on Latin America is on adding more water, juice and juice sports drinks.
• In the North American division, 3.5 million participating subjects and where greater than 1.5 million rewards were claimed when they were successful in implementing the “MyCokeRewards” campaign
• The North Asia, Eurasia, and the Middle East division produced an 11 percent unit case volume increase for Coca-Cola Company in 2006. Coca-Cola Company is the top seller of nonalcoholic beverages in Russia.
• Bottling Investments has performed well for Coca-Cola Company for the previous year’s bringing an increase investment in its bottling Investments, front-end capability, equipment and...