The Kingdom of Christ
Joe R. Price
A king ruling over an insurmountable kingdom was predicted in the Old Testament: Psalms 2:6-7; 110:1-3; 132:11; Isaiah 9:6-7; Daniel 2:44; 7:13-14. An angel announced to Mary that the child to whom she would give birth would be the king of that kingdom (Luke 1:30-33). Jesus is King today (Acts 17:7).
And yet, there are many who do not believe the kingdom of Christ was established during New Testament times, and that it exists today. They look for a kingdom that is yet to come. Who is right? “What does the Scripture say?” (Romans 4:3)
• Jesus preached the gospel of the kingdom, Matthew 4:23; 13:10-11; 18-29; Luke 9:11
• Jesus announced the approach of the kingdom, Matthew 4:17; 12:28.
• Jesus identified His kingdom as His church, Matthew 16:16-19
• Jesus identified the nature of the kingdom, John 18:36 (Spiritual, Luke 17:20-21; Superior, Daniel 2:44; Eternal, Luke 1:33)
• Jesus prophesied the establishment of the kingdom, Luke 12:32; Mark 9:1; Luke 24:49; Acts 1:6-8; 2:1-4, 47
• Apostles proclaimed the present existence of the kingdom, Acts 20:25; Colossians 1:13; Revelation 1:9; 1 Thessalonians 2:11
• The kingdom is composed of those who have received remission of sins, Revelation 1:5-6; 5:9-10
• Our salvation depends on entering the kingdom, Luke 16:16; John 3:3-5
• Our daily goal must be to put the kingdom first in our lives, Matthew 6:33; Luke 9:62
❖ The kingdom of Christ exists today.
❖ The kingdom of Christ is the church of Christ.
❖ It is mighty and its glory is secure.
❖ We must live in Christ’s kingdom now in order to enter the eternal kingdom (heaven) later (2 Peter 1:10-11).
❖ Obey the gospel call and enter the kingdom of God (Acts 2:37-41, 47; Colossians 1:13).
Why John Was Killed
Joe R. Price
The Spirit’s Sword...