What is forum theatre?
Forum theatre is a technique you can use while acting out a scene. The audience can stop the action in any time to suggest an idea/ a different action. They can also take over a role or add a new one to try out their idea. It helps the actors open their mind and get new ideas of their own instead of just taking an idea and trying it out.
What was our story about?
Our story was about a girl getting bullied in many types of ways
1. Her parents insulting and putting her down because of her bad grades and treating her younger siblings better than her
2. students annoy her in class and teachers send her out of the class
3. Bullies take her money
4. Bullies take her homework
5. Bullies cyber bully her and when she shows her parents they don’t care and leave her deal with the situation alone
I find it a realistic story and likely to happen in real life situations. The group watching had a change and lots of people tried their ideas out. Some worked and some didn’t. But they got a chance to learn about forum theatre and they enjoyed it.
Tips for next year:
1. Give the watching group an introduction about what the actors are doing.
2. Explain and give them an introduction about what forum theatre is
3. Try the action in the first round, but make the group watching year nine students who are not acting in the scene and make them go up and act their ideas, just to give the actual group (yr 8) who is watching an idea of how it works and to encourage them.
Fatmh Ahmed Yr 9K