Original founder: Anton Szandor LaVey.
Current high priest: Peter H Gilmore
Current High Priestess: Peggy Nadramia
Membership: Registered members - No requirements for this position. (costs 200 hundred US dollars)
Active membership - Person must be involved. There are five degrees of active membership. One must apply for the first of five, Complete a series of lengthy questions and then be accepted. Follwing higher positions are not open to public and are invitation only.
Beliefs: They do not worship or support the belief in the Devil or other supernatural entities. "My real feeling is that anybody who believes in supernatural entities on some level is insane. Whether they believe in The Devil or God, they are abdicating reason," said Peter Gilmore. Gilmore defines the word Satan: "Satan is a model or a mode of behavior. Satan in Hebrew means 'adversary' or 'opposer'; one who questions."
Satanists within the Church of Satan adhere to these as guidelines on how to live. However, it is important to remember that Satanists generally do not view the Satanic sins, statements, and rules of the earth as things that one must go out of their way to do. The Satanist ideally sees these things as truisms and how they naturally live their lives
The Nine Satanic Statements
The Nine Satanic Statements outline what "Satan" represents in the Church of Satan:
1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.
2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit.
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates.
5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires.
7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine...