According to Daniel Batson, truly altruistic helping arises from
2. A situational factor that has been shown to increase the audience inhibition effect is
3. When we see an elderly person or a small child in distress, we are likely to help the individual. This helping behavior is an example of the norm of
4. Social Psychological research is often prompted by a significant event. What famous area of research developed from the brutal murder of Kitty Genovese?
5. Which of the following is NOT a defining characteristic in making behavior prosocial?
6. Larry realizes he needs some additional tax deductions, so he donates his family’s old clothing and household goods to a local charity. His behavior would be considered an example of
When a house catches fire during the night, a distraught parent keeps re-entering the burning house, first retrieving her own children and then retrieving her children’s visiting friends. The parent’s behavior would support the concept of….
8. The rules of conduct that prescribe the manner which people should generally behave are called
9. Money and food donations are pouring in to help victims of a devastating flood. However, all donations drop off dramatically when it becomes public knowledge that these flood victims had been warned twice that their homes were in a flood plain and that they should move. This change in charitable behavior is an example of…
An individual’s feeling of moral obligation to provide help to specific others in specific situations defines
11. Researchers found that a few months after an adult merely preached on the importance of charity, but did not behave charitably, children who heard the preaching actually behaved more charitably compared to children who had NOT heard the preaching. What social psychological concept can BEST account for this behavior?
12. A classmate asks you to explain...