Academic success will help students not only achieve their selected degree, but also can instill in them qualities that they can use later on in life to be successful.
1. Educational goal setting is very important to a student.
a. It helps students stay on track.
b. It can show a student the areas where they need to improve and set sub goals in these areas
2. Students like me, who are kinesthetic learners, are presented with a unique challenge by doing online college.
a. Online students who are hands on learners don’t get many opportunities to “get their hands dirty”, so to speak.
b. Being able to take skills from my learning style and adapting them to online courses will be challenging but rewarding in the long run.
3. The writing process is very long and involved, but when used properly, it can help a student achieve writing skills needed in order to successfully write papers in a timely manner that are well thought out, thought provoking, and interesting.
a. Time management is probably the most important part of the writing process because you do not want to try and write a fifteen-hundred-word essay at the last minute.
b. As a student, one needs to be familiar with the writing process inside and out in order to be successful.
4. There are many different university resources that can help students achieve academic success.
a. The Center for Writing Excellence is one of the best for writing papers and has a vast amount of information to help students write papers.
b. The university library has a large database of subjects for students to conduct research on
5. Academic integrity is one of the cornerstones of what it means to be a student trying to achieve academic success.
a. Plagiarism shows that a student lacks integrity in some cases or that they lack the knowledge to prevent it.
b. Integrity means doing the right thing an all times and especially no one is watching and this can range from...