To know the love of Christ
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.
• Our human minds cannot comprehend the love of God.
• It passeth knowledge and understanding.
• To be filled with all the fullness of God, you have to know the love of Christ.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
• He loved you so much that he died for you.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
• It’s not God’s will that any should perish (in their sins), but that ALL should come to repentance.
Joh 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
• This is the ultimate example of love.
Hos 1:2 The beginning of the word of the LORD by Hosea. And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the LORD.
Hos 1:3 So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim; which conceived, and bore him a son.
• A prophet went and found a wife that was vile and unclean.
• He went to the lowest of the low and took her to be his wife.
• God knew that Gomer would “betray” Hosea, but he was teaching him about true love.
• God knew we would fail him, but he still died for us.
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Rom 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am...