Bridge Construction Competition 2013
This is a competition program which is organized by Civil Engineering Club of University Malaysia Sabah from 29th of November to 1st of December 2013 (3days). The competition is only open for the students in School of Engineering and Information of Technology (SKTM). The engineering students are encouraged to join this competition for improving their responsibilities, skills, creativities and others regarding to engineering field. This is a competition which is regarding to design of a bridge. The objectives are to improve the creativity of students regarding to design and construction and to increase their understanding and interesting on building structures and design.
Rules and Regulations
* The number of students in a team must be 5 or 6.
* Models must be displayed during the exhibition.
* Entries not complying with the rules and regulations of the competition will be disqualified.
* Decisions by the judges are final.
* The models shall be made from non-metallic materials.
* Seraya wood (5mm x 5mm) will be provided by the organizer. (strength of wood will be given)
* Participants will also be provided with 1 saw and glue.
* Other materials such as paper, thread, straws, masking tape may be used but will not be provided by the organizer.
* The bridge model can only be constructed during the competition days at the location specified which is New DKP 10 by the organizer.
* Clear span between supports should be 1000 mm. The overall length should not be greater than 1200 mm.
* The model must be simply supported.
* The deck slab of the bridge should be horizontal and must be part of the model bridge structure.
* Maximum deck width is 100 mm and can accommodate dual carriageway of at least 30 mm wide each.
* Maximum height 300 mm.
* Base area at both ends must not be greater than 100 x 100 mm.