AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
• Know what is meant by and be able to describe what communication is
• Be able to identify types of communication
• Be able to explain types of communication skills
WHAT IS COMMUNICATION?
• Cultural differences
• 10 Surprising Ways To Offend People In Other Countries https://
• Ability to adapt
• Adapt vocabulary – don’t use jargon or slang; change format of communication to
suit your audience-possibly have more than one method available
• Engaging others
• Use of technology; Q & A; modulating your voice: see this link http://
• Verbal, non-verbal, signing, lip reading
• Techniques and cues
• Use on intonation, body language – positive and negative
• Active engagement
• Nodding, summarising, asking questions, eye contact (in some countries)
• Life skills playlist: https://
• You may also find the following website very useful for information about
COMMUNICATION IN WRITING
• Grammar, spelling and punctuation - proofreading
• Format and structure
How do you start written communication?
How should you end written communication?
Most appropriate method: letter, email, text message, fax?
• Open assignment one. Below specific attributes, general attitudes and
attitudes, start a new sections under the heading ‘Effective Communication’.
• Under effective communication you need to explain:
• General Communication
• Interpersonal Skills
• Communication in Writing
• For each section consider the following:
What it means?
How to be...