George W. Bush: US Elections
Internal Policy of Failure
War on Terror
September 11 Attacks
Resurrection of War
Is it all about Oil!
Another not mentioned United States’ pretext of Iraq invasion was its oil reserves.
In fact, Bush’s cabinet agreed on military intervention in Iraq because it was considered to have destabilizing impact on the flow of oil to international markets in Middle East. After Saddam was captured and temporary government started training new Iraqi security forces to defend the country, United State promised over US$20 billion in reconstruction money in the form of credit versus Iraq’s future oil income.
"We don't take our forces and go around the world and try to take other people's real estate or other people's resources, their oil. That's just not what the United States does, we never have, and we never will. That's not how democracies behave."
1) Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
2) “Bush, Gore early front-runners for 2000” CNN news (2000-10-27)
3) “George W. Bush speaks at Sent-off in Orlando” (September 23, 2000)
4) “And now … four more years.” Guardian Unlimited (2004-11-04)
5) “$1.35 trillion tax cut becomes law” CNN Inside Politics Achieve (2001-06-07)
6) “Labor Forced Statics from the Current Population Survey” United States Department of Labor Retrieved on
7) ”Spending and the National Dept” Washington Times (2007-09-02)
8) “Bushes Trouble Shake the GOP Base” Pew Research Center (2006-06-06)
9) “Job losses in January raise recession fears” Reuters (2008-02-02)
10) “Bush seeks to ease American’s fear over economy” Reuters (2008-02-28)
11) “Bushes final challenge – Rescuing the economy” Monsters and Critics - US – (2008-1-2)
12) “A Sinking Presidency” U.S. News and World Report (2007-06-05)
13) “Hurricane Katrina Timeline”
14) “I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees.” George W. Bush to Good Morning America (2005-09-01)
15) Page 6,...