UOP MGT 312 Week 4 Knowledge Check NEW
Check this A+ tutorial guideline at
1. Which theory of leadership focuses on the fact that leaders must determine the outcomes that motivate their followers and then help their followers to receive these outcomes once they have accomplished their tasks?
2. What is a disadvantage of subordinates’ participation in the decision-making process in an organization?
3. Given below are some situations involving leader-subordinate relationships. Which of these illustrates a benefit of the leader-member exchange theory?
4. What is the power of a person to give increases in salaries, upgrades in job roles, formal compliments, exciting ventures, and other rewards to his or her subordinates known as?
5. Which is a disadvantage of charismatic power?
6. Aurasium Inc., a large pharmaceutical giant, has been severely affected by market recession. After thorough evaluation, the company’s top management has decided to downsize all its departments except research and development (R&D) because R&D is the most vital function of the organization. All R&D employees have been retained and the R&D unit continues to receive a major portion of the organization’s annual budget to fund its operations. Which source of power has most likely given the company’s R&D unit an advantage over the other units?
7. Identify a true statement about the sources of organizational conflict.
8.Which stage of Pondy’s model of conflict is characterized by unpleasantness, lack of cooperation, and negative perceptions among the people involved?
9. Cocoroma Corp. is an international coffee producer. Recently, workers at its coffee plantations demanded a raise in wages and asked the management to provide them with more affordable accommodation. These demands was outrightly denied by the management of Cocoroma; this resulted in the plantation workers going on strike. Which of the following...