Purpose of this case study is:-
To present a current industry scenario and developments in the US handbags market. Provide content on the following areas in word document:-
• Value Chain analysis.
• Market Size, in terms of value and volume of The US handbags market,
• Major industry trends and developments.
• Market share of Major Companies on the basis of their revenue, 2012
• Future Projections of the US handbags market along with the growth
Brief about US handbags industry:-
Earlier (2000 years ago), men use to carry the basic things in simple pouches made up of crude leather. And during medieval time the simple pouches were termed as “handbags”, and was readily accepted by women, it became one of the major fashion accessories and status symbol for women till date.
Why and how the concept:-
Earlier pouches were used to carry things, but with time development of pouches resulted into modern handbags. And women became the major users of handbags because:-
• In earlier times there were no separate pouches for women rather than it was attached to their dress. Unnecessarily they had to wear voluminous dress with different layers.
• With centuries passing women became more conscious about their looks and they became fashionable and no fashionable lady wanted to ruin their looks by suspending pockets full with bulky items underneath her dress.
• So the first handbag was born. And are popular, successful and important.
• Women can now go forth into world carrying all necessary items without any fear.