1. Shruti:-Dear Friends today pollution has become the major concern in the cities, out of all sorts of pollutions noise pollution is amongst the major problems in the cities.
2. Alvita:-We now present you a play on noise pollution. The characters are as follows- Shruti as Bird; Alvita as Cuckoo; Saba as Car; Bijal as MP3 Player; Rushna as a girl who has gone to the village for vacation.
3. Shruti:-Takreem as her friend who is in a city.
4. (Scene 1- Alvita: Rushna & Takreem are sleeping in their respective homes. Takreem being in the city is not able to sleep as there is a lot of noise coming from the background.
The music from the MP3 player and the car makes noise.
5. Shruti: Whereas Rushna is able to sleep peacefully as she is in the village).
(Scene 2 Morning Time Rushna calls up Takreem on her cell phone (NOT TO SAY ONLY ACT).
6. Rushna- (in a cheerful tone) Hey!! Good Morning! It’s such a pleasant day!
7. Takreem- (in a sleepy tone) what? What are you saying? How come you are awake so early in the morning? Ok any ways let me sleep now… I’ll call you when I get up… Bye…
Alvita & Shruti start chirping while Rushna says her dialogue.
8. Rushna- Hey! Wait! It’s not early morning! I’ve just come back from the morning walk. The birds are twittering and the cuckoo’s singing… When these little creatures’s can get up early why cant I?
9. Takreem- Ya ya sure you can dear, but to get up early you’ve to sleep early as well! And I slept at 1 last night!
10. Rushna- Oh oh… but why? Well I had a sound sleep last night and so I’m awake!!
11. Takreem- (laughs) you know what? You had a sound sleep last night and here it was the sound which did not let me sleep last night!
(All of a sudden the Car (Saba) and the MP3 (Bijal) player starts making noise)
12. Rushna- Hello! Hello... What’s happening?
13. Takreem- Oh! No! Not again... I’ll call you later I can’t hear any thing!
(The car and the MP3 player come forward and start making more noise very...