Systems Analysis Report
A Systems Analysis Report is due the last class session. The Systems Analysis Report will contribute 25% to the course grade.
Focus of the Systems Analysis Report:
Your systems analysis report will consist of several steps. Complete all parts of the assignments. Use the following situations to create your analysis. Include all components in one seamless report. Your final report will be 10-15 pages, double-spaced and in APA format.
* You are working as a system designer for a company that manufactures heavy-duty power tools used by contractors. Every month, your regional sales and service centers batch together the hard copy repair orders for work performed under warranty. They are sent to headquarters, where they are run through a legacy mainframe batch process. A report is then generated, which the engineers analyze for signs of any problem trends in the new models. The company's CEO has decided that this process is far too slow in today's highly competitive business environment and wants to replace the legacy system as soon as possible with something more contemporary. Prepare an estimated cost for client-server system alternative as illustrated in Figure 11-2.
* Identify at least three candidate solutions and describe them in a candidate solutions matrix using Figures 11-6 and 11-7 as examples.
* Prepare a feasibility analysis matrix, using candidate solutions you identified and described in part b. Use Figures 11-8 and 11-9 as your template, but choose the weighting factors that you feel would be most appropriate in this situation. For purposes of this exercise, you may provide an estimate of the economic feasibility.
* Once the feasibility analysis matrix has been completed, it is time to write the feasibility report to executive- level managers, using the appropriate format shown in Figure 11-10.
Writing the Systems Analysis Report:
* Must be ten-to-twelve double-spaced pages in length and...