1. Cavity within a cell, often containing a watery liquid or secretion.
8. Center of a cell
10. Threadlike bodies that carry the genes in a linear order
13. The movement of molecules from a lower to a higher concentration
14. Transport of material out of a cell by means of a sac or vesicle
19. A shifting lattice arrangement functioning as a structural support and transport mechanism.
21. The basic structural unit of all organisms
22. A cell organelle that digest particles
24. Tiny organelle occurring in great numbers in the cell cytoplasm
25. The transport of solid matter or liquid into a cell by means of a coated vacuole or vesicle
26. Movement of a chemical substance across a cell membrane without expenditure of energy by the cell
28. A rounded body within the nucleus of a cell
29. Hollow cylindrical structure involved in intracellular shape and transport
35. The diffusion of fluids through membranes
2. The semipermeable membrane enclosing the cytoplasm of a cell
4. Theory that cells are the basic units of structure
5. Substance between the cell membrane and the nucleus
6. Process by which substances are transported across cell membranes by protein carrier molecules
9. A plastid containing chlorophyll
11. An organelle in the cytoplasm of cells that functions in energy production
12. Aggregate of similar cells forming a structural material with a specific function
14. Involved in the transport of materials.
15. A cell organ
16. Wall that is part of the outer structure of cells
23. Grouping of tissues into a structure that performs a specialized task.
26. Any cellular organism that has no nuclear membrane
27. Substance of a nucleus, with DNA, RNA, and proteins, forms chromosomes during cell division.
28. The membrane surrounding the nucleus
31. Tube-like structure involved in cytoplasmic movement and changes in shape
34. The basic structure of a cell membrane