Sample Interview Questions
Investment Banking interviews at Kellogg have been described as "quick and painful". The banks are the first firms to interview on campus early in 2nd quarter, and the process is usually over within a week or two. Because the interviews themselves usually only last between 30 minutes and an hour, the interviewers like to get straight to the point. Besides knowing your resume inside and out, the best preparation do for the interviews is to prepare answers to as many questions as possible that may arise. Below is of questions that are frequently asked interviews.
Top 10 questions:
1. Walk me through the highlights of your resume. I’m interested in the decisions you have made.
2. Why investment banking? Why our bank?
3. How do you value a company?
4. Why did you choose Kellogg?
5. What other firms are you interviewing with and why? Are you interviewing with consulting firms also? What career opportunities are you exploring other than I-banking
6. What were your grades in college? What were your grades for the first semester at Kellogg? What was your GMAT score? Be ready to explain any weak-points.
7. What are the qualities required for an I-banker? What are your greatest strengths? What are your weaknesses?
8. What do you understand the responsibilities of an associate/summer associate to be?
9. Describe a current event in the market (i.e., LTCM at the end of 1998).
10. What questions do you have for me?
Resume-and personality questions:
• [Be ready to explain any line on your resume].
• What made you choose your undergraduate institution? Why did you pursue or in _____?
• What other business school did you o? Which ones accepted you?
• What was your favorite class at Kellogg so far? Why?
• What classes are you currently taking to get ready for the summer?
• What are your 5-10 year long term career plans.
• What are your proudest accomplishments? What is your most...