ASH ACC 206 Week 3 Assignment Chapter Four and Five Problems
To purchase this material click below link
For more classes visit
Chapter 4 and 5 Problems
Please complete the following 7 exercises below in either Excel or a word document (but must be single document). You must show your work where appropriate (leaving the calculations within Excel cells is acceptable). Save the document, and submit it in the appropriate week using the Assignment Submission button.
Chapter 4 Exercise 3
3. Cost flows and overhead application
Cleveland Metals uses a job cost system and applies factory overhead to production at a predetermined rate of 180% of direct labor cost. Data pertaining to recent operations follow.
• Job no. 636 was the only job in process on January 1 of the current year. The Work in Process account contained a $24,600 balance on this date.
• Jobs no. 637, 638, and 639 were started during January.
• Total direct material requisitions and directlabor incurred during January amounted to $89,200 and $114,500, respectively.
• The only job that remained in process on January 31 was job no. 638, with costs of $15,000 for direct materials and $20,000 for direct labor.
a. Compute the total cost of the work in process inventory on January 31.
b. Compute the cost of jobs completed during January, and present the proper journal entry to reflect job completion.
Chapter 4 Exercise 7
7. Overhead application: Working backward
The Towson Manufacturing Corporation applies overhead on the basis of machine hours. The following divisional information is presented for your review:
Division A Division B
Actual machine hours 22,500 ?
Estimated machine hours 20,000 ?
Overhead application rate $4.50 $5.00
Actual overhead $110,000 ?
Estimated overhead ? $90,000