ASH COM 200 Week 5 Final Paper Letter of Advice Paper
Check this A+ tutorial guideline at
Focus of the Final Paper
Imagine that a newly engaged couple hears that you are currently taking a course in Interpersonal Communication and wants advice for their relationship. Based on what you have learned in this course, what kind of advice would you give them regarding how to effectively use interpersonal communication in their relationship?
Choose at least five (5) of the twelve (12) course learning outcomes below to help guide your letter: For each of the five learning outcomes that you use, create a separate section with a heading that reflects the learning outcome that you are using.
1. Explain the principles and misconceptions in effective interpersonal communications.
2. Identify the barriers to effective interpersonal interactions.
3. Describe the process by which self-concept is developed and maintained.
4. Assess their personal communications and improve their communication competencies.
5. Develop strategies for active, critical, and empathic listening.
6. Recognize how words have the power to create and affect attitudes, behavior, and perception.
7. Understand how perceptions, emotions, and nonverbal expression affect interpersonal relationships.
8. Define emotional intelligence and its role in effective interpersonal relationships.
9. Evaluate appropriate levels of self-disclosure in relationships.
10. Describe strategies for managing interpersonal conflicts.
11. Recognize how self-concept and defensive and supportive messages and behaviors create positive and negative communication climates.
12. Understand the impact of gender and culture on interpersonal communications.
Write an eight to ten page paper (excluding title and reference pages) in the form of a letter. In...