DEVRY FIN 515 Week 3 Problem Set
Check this A+ tutorial guideline at
For more classes visit
FIN 515 Week 3 Problem Set
Chapter 7 (pages 225–228):
1. Your brother wants to borrow $10,000 from you. He has offered to pay you back $12,000 in a year. If the cost of capital of this investment opportunity is 10%, what is its NPV? Should you undertake the investment opportunity? Calculate the IRR and use it to determine the maximum deviation allowable in the cost of capital estimate to leave the decision unchanged.
8. You are considering an investment in a clothes distributor. The company needs $100,000 today and expects to repay you $120,000 in a year from now. What is the IRR of this investment opportunity? Given the riskiness of the investment opportunity, your cost of capital is 20%. What does the IRR rule say about whether you should invest?
19. You are a real estate agent thinking of placing a sign advertising your services at a local bus stop. The sign will cost $5,000 and will be posted for one year. You expect that it will generate additional revenue of $500 per month. What is the payback period?
21. You are deciding between two mutually exclusive investment opportunities. Both require the same initial investment of $10 million. Investment A will generate $2 million per year (starting at the end of the first year) in perpetuity. Investment B will generate $1.5 million at the end of the first year and its revenues will grow at 2% per year for every year after that.
a. Which investment has the higher IRR?
b. Which investment has the higher NPV when the cost of capital is 7%?
c. In this case, for what values of the cost of capital does picking the higher IRR give the correct answer as to which investment is the best opportunity?
Chapter 8 (260–262)
1. Pisa Pizza, a seller of frozen pizza, is considering introducing a healthier...