DEVRY FIN 516 Week 4 Midterm
Check this A+ tutorial guideline at
For more classes visit
FIN 516 Week 4 Midterm
1. Question : (TCO C) Pate & Co. has a capital budget of $3,000,000. The company wants to maintain a target capital structure that is 15 percent debt and 85 percent equity. The company forecasts that its net income this year will be $3,500,000. If the company follows a residual dividend policy, what will be its total dividend payment?
2. Question : (TCO F) The following data applies to Saunders Corporation's convertible
Stock price: $30.00
Par value: $1,000.00
Conversion price: $35.00
Annual coupon: 5.00%
Straight-debt yield: 8.00%
What is the bond's straight-debt value?
3. Question : (TCO B) The Congress Company has identified two methods for producing playing cards. One method involves using a machine having a fixed cost of $10,000 and variable costs of $1.00 per deck of cards. The other method would use a less expensive machine (fixed cost = $5,000), but it would require greater variable costs ($1.50 per deck of cards). If the selling price per deck of cards will be the same under each method, at what level of output will the two methods produce the same net operating income (EBIT)?
(a) 5,000 decks
(b) 10,000 decks
(c) 15,000 decks
(d) 20,000 decks
(e) 25,000 decks
4. Question : (TCO B) Firm L has debt with a market value of $200,000 and a yield of nine percent. The firm's equity has a market value of $300,000, its earnings are growing at a rate of five percent, and its tax rate is 40 percent. A similar firm with no debt has a cost of equity of 12 percent. Under the MM extension with growth, what is Firm L's cost of equity?
5. Question : (TCO A) Which of the following statements is...