Philosophy for International Business: examination issues / questions
1. Define the difference between philosophy and common sense
2. Define the difference between philosophy and humanities/science
3. Define the difference between philosophy and ideology
4. What are the three general branches of philosophy/what are the basic philosophical questions?
5. Explain the meaning and significance of “the arché question”
6. The being and becoming dilemma in early Greek philosophy
7. Explain Zeno’s paradoxes
8. Is total flux chaotic? Explain the nature of change in the system of Heraclitus
9. Define dialectic
10. Virtue in Greek philosophy. Explain the meaning of knowledge in Socrates’s ethics
11. Explain “Eutyfro dilemma”
12. Plato’s theory of ideas: ideas and sensual objects – differences and similarities
13. Plato’s theory of ideas: the conception of participation
14. Plato’s theory of ideas: the allegory of the cave
15. Plato’s theory of ideas: the ideal state
16. Aristotle: syllogisms
17.Hylomorphism: substance and its components
18. Aristotle: the four causes: what is the sense of final cause?
19. Aristotle: the theory of virtue (Golden Mean)
20. Aristotle: what does it mean to be a political animal?
21. The existence of God: ontological argument as formulated by St. Anselm
22. The existence of God: ontological argument as formulated by Descartes (deceitful demon and “Matrix”)
23. The existence of God: Pascal’s wager
24: Theodicy: how to explain suffering and injustice?
25. Descartes: the Cartesian method – its main assumptions and functions
26. Descartes: cogito and the mind/body problem
27. The theory of substance: monism and monistic theories
28. The theory of substance: pluralism and pluralistic theories
29. What is the ultimate source of our knowledge? Nativism vs. empiricism.
30. Locke’s tabula rasa and the critique...