49. Make deeper connections. Beyond making new friends, aim to make deeper connections out of them. Read: How To Have More Best Friends in Life
50. Be your advisor (from the future). Imagine you’re the future you, 5 years later. How would you advise yourself? Write it down. Now, apply...
1. Live every day on a fresh new start. Don’t be held back by what happened yesterday, the day before, the week before, the year before, and so on.
2. Be true to who you are. Stop trying to please other people or be someone else. It’s better to be an original version of yourself than an exact...
sun on your face? Are you looking forward to the next few months, knowing that the work you put in during of the first half of the year will now come to fruition? Or does the end of Winter see you questioning your achievements now that the year is coming to an end. What happened to those New Year...
life would you want to create for yourself and your family? Practice "back from the future" thinking. This is a powerful technique practiced by high performing men and women that has an amazing effect on your mind and on your behavior. Project yourself forward five years. Imagine that five years...
, you constantly receive messages from yourself, they never stop. Every second of your day you make choices based on these messages. Whether you are deciding what to eat, what to wear, or what to do, a process of choice is taking place. The choices that determine your actions are based on self-talk...
mind that when you forgive someone, you are really doing *yourself* the favor, not them.
10 | 12 THINGS HAPPY PEOPLE DO DIFFERENTLY
Help your friends:
Increase Flow Experiences
Flow is a state in which it feels like time stands still. It’s when you’re so focused on what you’re...
for yourself? What are your goals for the next 12 months? How about 3 years from now? 5 years? 10 years? What are your aspirations that you look toward coming true?
Goal setting is the first step toward successful goal achievement. It marks your first point toward success. It is what put your life...
you lived in colonial times. Think about what your life would be like, how it would be different living more than 200 years ago. Now, write a story about a young person (or yourself) living in George Washington’s day.
23. Imagine you woke up one morning and found that you had switched places with a...
"What do you see yourself doing 10 years from now?"
This interview question can come in many flavors: What do you want to do with your life? What are your goals? What is your dream job? What do you want to do with your college degree?
However your interviewer phrases the question, the goal is...
create any life that you desire.
1. Imagine that there is a solution to every problem, a way to overcome every limitation, and no limit on your achieving every goal you can set for yourself. What would you do differently?
2. Practice "back from the future thinking." Project forward five years and...
) You’re very impressed, and don’t dare say anything for fear of appearing ridiculous. 10. Your boss turns around and blames you for doing exactly what he asked you to do: ❑ a) You start excusing yourself and feel guilty. ❑ b) You excuse yourself and explain that you had trouble understanding his...
and have been competing long enough, then you will soon come to see yourself in terms of your sport. You’re a swimmer, ball player, skater, tennis player, wrestler, gymnast, etc. It's who you are and what you do! With your long-term investment and commitment of time, energy and pain over the years...
now and drop it.
9. Push the pause button before you react to someone who bumps into you in the hall, calls you names, or cuts in line.
10. Use your tool of self-awareness right now by asking yourself, “What is my most unhealthy habit?” Make up your mind to do something about it.
years have passed and that your life is now perfect in every respect. What does it look like? What are you doing? Where are you working? How much money are you earning? How much do you have in the bank? What kind of a lifestyle do you have? Create a vision for yourself for the long-term future. The...
me that my whole attitude has changed... I'm acting instead of just talking..."
Listen to a few segments of Judy's interview.
- Judy Lin, California
More Setting & Achieving Goals Now! Successes
What Causes Both Success And Failure
You see, over the last 18 years, I've seen...
interview. The most commonly asked questions are:
• Why do you want to do MBA?
• What are your personal goals?
• Where do you see yourself 10 years down the line?
• What are your hobbies?
• What are your strengths and weakness?
• Tell us about yourself.
35. What is “normal?” Are you normal?
36. Someone close to you is dying. You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years, but if you do, you cause the death of 10 strangers. You don’t have to see them die. Do you take the offer?
37. What is one thing you could never forgive...
anything that they truly desire. You too are a highly capable person and you equally deserve to be successful. From now on, see yourself as the best and most successful person you can be and do not accept any boundaries on your potential. Once you start believing in yourself and act in accordance...
child again. |
.....................Good, now see yourself as though you are watching a screen with a movie being shown on it. You are standing there in the house where you live, the home that you knew as this young child. |
Look around at the room. Notice how it is, the window - the table...
decision you’ve made. How did you end up here? When did life get away from you? These questions and more haunt you until you can’t help but look at yourself and be disgusted with what you see.
It’s difficult to simply turn around your entire view of yourself and where your life has ended up. You...
sides of the
picture into focus, you will be dragging an invisible anchor. You
won't see what keeps you from moving forward.
Self-Discipline in 10 days
All you need to do here is write down your goal across the
top of a sheet of paper. Then on the left side of the paper list...
The internet has done some good over the years and some bad but when its doing good everything is okay but people the ones who use it for good use it for papers, research, and shopping, but when the internet is being used for bad things like Cyberbullying its one of the worst things that you could...
conversationally. As you read this you'll start to see opportunities for using the hypnotic language patterns all over the place. Read on and I'll show you a way you can accelerate your learning of these patterns later.
©2005 Jamie Smart All Rights Reserved
The Top 10 Secrets of...
Autobiography Identity Exercise Interests/Personality Career Values Card Sort 10-Years-Out Exercise Peer Coaching Exercise
1. In order to develop themes, you need to find the key pieces of information about yourself from the data generated in these exercises. It’s important not to get stuck on any final...
change it. Maybe cut back on the things that don’t matter much in your life. Do you ever think to yourself, “If I sleep in two more hours, instead watching TV, then I can be more focused in class.” Start doing whats right in your life. Now is the time put your foot down, and start taking control of...
part becomes real.
10. Use your environment.
One effective way to change yourself is to change your environment to match the person you want to become. If you want to become more confident read autobiographies/watch documentaries of confident people, change your music from depressing songs to...
1.) What do you see yourself doing five years from now? I see myself working at a hospital
2.) How do you make yourself indispensable to a company? I would start by embracing change and prove that I am reliable
3.) Tell me about a time when your course load was heavy. How did you complete...
meet. Some will test you, some will use you and some will teach you. But most importantly, some will bring out the best in you.
15. Stop trying to compete against everyone else – Don’t worry about what others doing better than you. Concentrate on beating your own records every day. Success is a...
, death. In my opinion, you aren’t going to get people to stop playing sports. I have post concussive syndrome, and as soon as I’m cleared I’m heading back onto the field. You have to come up with a solution to head trauma that helps players get back out doing what they love, but with an awareness of...
3. What do you see yourself doing five years from now?
4. What do you really want to do in life?
5. What are your long-range career objectives?
6. How do you plan to achieve your career goals?
7. What are the most important rewards you expect in your career?