Lung Cancer Surgery Market: Global Industry Analysis, Trends and Forecast, 2015 - 2025: FMI Estimate

Lung Cancer Surgery Market: Global Industry Analysis, Trends and Forecast, 2015 - 2025: FMI Estimate

Global Lung Cancer

Surgery Market
Share, Global Trends,
Analysis, Research, Report,
Segmentation and Forecast,

Future Market Insights

Report Description
Uncontrolled growth of abnormal cancerous cells in either of the lungs confirms
presence of lung cancer. These abnormal cells undergo rapid division and form tumors
andeventually begin affecting the lung’s ability to provide oxygen to the bloodstream.
Cancer that originates in the lungs is known as primary lung cancer whereas secondary
lung cancer initiates in other parts of the body, metastasizes and reaches the lungs. The
mode of treatment of these two types of cancer differs from one another. Lung cancer is
number one leading cause of deaths in the U.S. and worldwide. According to National
Cancer Institute, in the year 2012, the number of deaths due to lung cancer accounted to
around 160,340 cases and there were around 220,160 new lung cancer diagnosis cases.
Also, as per World Health Organization (WHO), cancer accounts for around 13% of the
global deaths and lung cancer alone results in around 1,370,000 deaths annually.
Request Report TOC@
Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and small cell lung cancer (SCLC) are the two major
types of lung cancer classified on the basis of microscopic observation. NSLC accounts for
around 80% of the lung cancers whereas SLC accounts for the remaining 20% of the lung
cancer cases worldwide. NSLC is further categorized into four types namely,
adenocarcinoma, bronchioalveolar, squamous cell carcinoma and large-cell
undifferentiated carcinoma. The two major causes of lung cancer are inhalation of
carcinogenic substances and genetic predisposition inherited from family members.
Tobacco, arsenic, radiations such as X-rays and UV rays and asbestos are some of the
examples of carcinogens....

Similar Essays