The Routine 1

The Routine 1

The Routine

My miserable . . . I mean, adventurous life as a student started when I was three-years-old. I was enrolled in the Little Angels Academy for Preparatory. After finishing it, I transferred in the Living Stone Christian Academy to continue my studies from Kindergarten 1 to Grade 1. Then I stopped for a 1 year vacation in Israel. It was then decided by my family that I continue my schooling there, but I refused thinking that I might have a hard time getting along with my Jewish classmates for I am not familiar with their language. I was then sent back to the Philippines a month after my seventh birthday celebration. And in 1998, I re-enrolled in the Living Stone Christian Academy where I graduated from Elementary to High School. I continued High School in the same school and that’s where it all begins.

Everyday I would have to wake up early in the morning, about 5-6:00AM, but I would wake up around 6:30-7:00. So I’m always in a rush and would usually come in late! Classes would start from 7:30 in the morning and ends at 4 o’clock in the afternoon. At 7:30 the bell rings and that means “assembly.” A teacher shouts, “Arms forward. . . raise!” And we’re asked to form a straight line. Exactly 7:35, flag ceremony would begin followed by Pledges to the Philippine and Christian Flags and a Pledge to the Bible. Then we would have our daily exercise. After the exercise, we’d sing a few songs and then proceed to our classrooms. Upon entering the classroom, also referred to as “The Learning Center”, we’d mingle with each other while waiting for our Principal, Supervisor and Monitors.

First to enter the room, the Monitors, they would go around the room. Next is the Supervisor who would go directly to her desk. They would then chat with us, check our performances, and update us with some announcements while waiting for the Principal. Finally, by 8 o’clock our strict but sweet Principal would arrive. “It’s time for our daily devotion!”...

Similar Essays