558 Term Paper Managing an IT Infrastructure Audit
This assignment consists of four (4) sections: an internal IT audit policy, a management plan, a project plan, and a disaster recovery plan. You must submit all four (4) sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for. Additionally, you may create and /or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Imagine you are an Information Security Manager for a large national retailer. You have been hired to be directly responsible for the planning and oversight of IT audits. At the request of the
Board of Directors, the CEO has tasked you with developing a plan for conducting regular audits of the IT infrastructure. The planning and management aspects of IT audit are critical to the overall success of the audit, and as a result, the overall success of the systems implemented within the organization. You must develop a policy for conducting IT audits and develop a project plan for conducting two week IT audits.
In addition to the typical networking and Internetworking infrastructure of a medium sized organization, the organization has the following characteristics:
• They have a main office and 268 stores in the U.S.
• They utilize a cloud computing environment for storage and applications.
• Their IT infrastructure includes Cisco workgroup and core switches, Cisco routers, Cisco firewalls and intrusion prevention systems, and servers running Microsoft Windows Server 2012.
• They have over 1000 desktops and approximately 500 organization owned laptops in the main headquarters.
• They allow employees to bring their own devices into the organization; however, they are subject to being searched upon entry and exit from the building.
• They enable remote access to corporate information assets for employees and limited access to extranet resources for contractors and other business...